For the Readers: News and Feedback (25/03/2019)

For the Readers: News and Feedback (25/03/2019)



This is not the average article you are going to read here, in my blog, and if you are looking for some information about ancient Japanese warfare, feel free to skip entirely this post.

This in fact is for the readers of my blog, for those who like to leave a comment in my articles, who shared them, who spent time reading all of my efforts. First of all, thank you, for the very bottom of my heart.
This blog for me is a hobby, something I like to do in my free time: in fact I wish I could spend more of my time and money in order to have top notch graphics & drawings and an easy to use drop down menu; but if you have been here for a while you would have notice that the quality of the content is my priority, rather than anything else.

Since I have started this adventure with blogger, two years ago, I would have never think to see all of those comments and those views ( which at least to me, they are a lot!) and I'm still very far to write all the contents I want to create. It was very fun for me and I hope to continue this adventure in the future, because there are still too many things to write!

So what's the point in creating this post?

Few things; in April of this year (2019), Google+ would be deleted and unfortunately, the account that has created all of the articles and answered to all of the comments, Gunsen History, will be deleted too.
This won't mean that the blog will be deleted (at least I hope so!!), because I've switched to a blogger account (if you know more about this topic, please leave a comment below) so all the posts should be safe.
However, the comments done with Google+ accounts would be lost according to blogger, sadly.
I would have liked to keep them, but up tu now I have 500 comments more or less, and I don't see the point of pasting all of them below my articles, trying to restore the previous order: it would be too long and likely a failure, so I want to apologize for all the info that would be lost in those conversations.
If you think that something valuable was there, please feel free to copy them. I will try to save all of them in a backup text file.
I don't know how many comments will be lost and how it will work, but that's the news I wanted to give you nevertheless.
So if your comment (or my answer to it) will disappear, you know why.


However, this is not the only thing!

I was thinking that in those two years, I have been requested to write about some topics, either by a comment or by an e-mail.
Sadly, I wasn't able to fulfill all the requests; some articles require a lot of research, and I have to say that while for example I think to be well versed in 16th century Japanese armor, I'm not as knowledgeable when it comes to castle (yet!!).
In order to write about that topic, I want to be confident enough with the information I'm going to share; that's how I work!
So I would like to apologize to everyone who has written a request in the past, and wasn't able to see the article yet.

Since I'm going to lose some of those requests due to the Google+ removal, and some of them were likely to be forgotten ( not the recent ones for sure!), I wanted to use this post to ask to you, the readers, what you want to see in this blog next.

If you feel to do so, write me an e-mail at gunsen.military.history@gmail.com with "Request" in the object and said request in the text so that I would save them and give the priority to that subject/topic! Some articles would likely already be in the to do list, but don't worry about them.
I think that is the best way to thank you for all the patience and the time you have spent here!

So here we are, just few lines to talk about those issues; thank you for reading this and as always, for your time and support. I appreciate it a lot.

Comments

  1. Your blog's been a real fresh source of information and I'm glad to hear it's continuing(and upset that Google+ might have endangered it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I won't have any problem due to that issue

      Delete
  2. Don't sweat it, brother in arms! If people truly love your content, which they do, the end of Google+ isn't going to stop their passion for your passion. One thing I know for sure is that it's not gonna stop me anytime soon. Will be looking forward to any new content! どうかお頑張りを!応援してます!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Masakari (鉞) - The Samurai's War Axe

Tate & Tedate (盾 & 手盾) - Japanese Shields

Yumi (弓) - The Japanese Bow

Sengoku Period Warfare: Part 1 - Army and Battle Formations

Tosei Gusoku (当世具足) - Body Coverage Explained

Cagayan Battles of 1582: Debunking the Hoax

Wantō (湾刀): Early Curved Japanese Swords