News for the Readers - 01/10/2019

News for the Readers! - 01/10/2019


Hello everyone! I hope you are doing fine!
As the title says, this is definitely not an article nor a post you can usually see here, but I felt the need to tell to everyone who reads this blog and enjoy its content that I'm still alive and researching on the topic we all love, putting the same effort if not more behind these articles.

But as you might have noticed, things have slowed down a lot; I've skipped two whole months and the reason for that is because I'm moving, with all of my stuff, in another country to finish my study.

I don't like to talk about my personal life, honestly I think it's quite boring, but I wanted to say that everything is fine and I'm really excited to enter in this new period of my life, but as one might expect, it is a hard and slow process.
Currently I don't have a decent internet connection yet, and it's the last of my problems here.
So nothing serious or of any major concerns, but since there was no blog post in a while, despite my efforts to get along with this situation, I wanted to give to all the readers an explanation.
Hopefully, in the following months, my work and passion could continue as before, if not more!

So to anyone who is waiting for a new article or even a reply to his comment, I want to say that I'm working to get that done as soon as possible! There are still many many things to cover about Japanese military history and I'm definitely not done here, at all.

Thank you so much for your attention (and patience!). Hopefully this condition won't last long.
Sincerely,

Gunbai

Comments

  1. Hope everything goes well for you, good sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in your study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll hope to be 100% active as soon as possible!

      Delete
  4. Best of lucky to you, Gunsen! --- I HIGHLY look forward to seeing your next article and sharing it to other history forums who may have certain misconceptions about Japanese history, warfare, equipment and what not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to be back as soon as possible!

      Delete
  5. Hi Gunsen, best of wishes to you.

    I would like to ask, do you have any plans on reviewing specifically Japanese arquebus tactics and mastery during times of Sengoku period. I remember reading somewhere that Japanese arguebusiers were able to shoot every 10-15 seconds - absolutely insane tempo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I have already wrote about the tactics used by Japanese shooters in the sengoku period although I haven't explained in details how the weapon is operated.
      That would definitely be an article in the future when I will talk about Japanese small firearms.

      I know that they can be insanely fast due to pre loaded gunpowder cartridge which were invented during this period in Japan, and I have seen a video in which there is a very fast reenactor (although he is not loading a projectile which will eventually increase the time for shooting), so it is worth researching that field too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Masakari (鉞) - The Samurai's War Axe

Tate & Tedate (盾 & 手盾) - Japanese Shields

Yumi (弓) - The Japanese Bow

Sengoku Period Warfare: Part 1 - Army and Battle Formations

Tosei Gusoku (当世具足) - Body Coverage Explained

Cagayan Battles of 1582: Debunking the Hoax

Wantō (湾刀): Early Curved Japanese Swords